Exploring Seoul

Seoul is an incredible city and I feel fortunate to have had the chance to check it out (even if it was just for eight hours). My tour guide was my good friend’s brother who is currently serving in the US military stationed in South Korea. The day started with exploring the Gyeongbokgung Palace. It is crazy that a temple so old, massive, and beautiful is located right in the middle of the city. While there, we stopped in the National Folk Museum of Korea and I was able to see “Wintering,” a special exhibit for the Olympic Winter Games. After that, we headed to the Seoul tower and I was able to see all of Seoul from 236 meters in the sky. After that, we went to the Korean War memorial. It was awesome to see all of the different tanks, planes, and memorabilia from the war. Then, we crossed the street to the army base located right in the middle of Seoul. The US is in the process of shutting down this base, which makes sense because the Korean government stands to make a lot of money by developing that prime real estate. I will definitely be coming back to Seoul in the future.