Seoul: GW Reception

Three days before I pack up my luggage, I was fortunate to attend a GW alum reception at Seoul. On the same day I met up with a couple Korean friends that I met in Seattle back in 2015.

That morning, thanks to TripAdvisor, I visited three famous local coffee shops and tried out their caffeinated beverages. All of which are within 15-minute subway ride from Seoul station. I also stopped by the National Korean Museum, and the historical temple Gyeongbokgung (literal: fortune view temple) and its famed gate Gwanghwamun (literal: lavished gate). Spectacular places.

My Korean friend Catherine then took me to a very traditional place for lunch, ginseng chicken soup, seafood pancakes, and of course kimchi. After lunch we coasted around the shopping haven Myeong-Dong and got cosmetics for my girl. Most of the stores have a bogo deal which was great for my trimming wallet.

I was glad that I brought my cards because literally of all the Korean alums that attended the reception, 80% of them are current or retired lawyers, and I was able to exchange cards with them. Very, very cool group ranged from class of '74 to '18.

Published on

About Bubble Tea Please

Roots in Taiwan, grown in Oregon, flying in D.C. All things basketball. Currently at George Washington University Sports Management program; intern at Sports Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) and Georgetown Athletics. Facebook: Louis Liu Instagram: xyzfdl Twitter: @taiwanhooper #runthroughthetape