Pins, Pins, Pins

Since probably day one I was intrigued by the pin trading ecosystem at the Games, but never did I think I would be into it so much. Throughout the entirety of my trip, I had probably stopped by the Coca Cola trading center and the open trading areas a dozen times. One, you never know who you will run into/meet (like a former professor at New York who used to attend SINC, or Geoffrey that knows Dr. Neirotti from attending Games), two, you never know what sort of new pins will pop up (the Bridgestone pin traders didn’t show till the last day I was in the park).

Obviously, these pins have become a collateral business with the Games. What I’ve heard from these traders are that they are either legitimately hired by a TOP sponsor or they run a pin trading business in their respective countries. Crazy how this is, can’t imagine how the Summer Games look like.

Published on

About Bubble Tea Please

Roots in Taiwan, grown in Oregon, flying in D.C. All things basketball. Currently at George Washington University Sports Management program; intern at Sports Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) and Georgetown Athletics. Facebook: Louis Liu Instagram: xyzfdl Twitter: @taiwanhooper #runthroughthetape