Low Key House Jumps

Honestly, I’m not a huge drinker, and definitely not a night person. I sort of limited my house visits to the daytime. First was the Japan house, we were fortunate to meet the president of the TOCOG and the president of the Ski Association in Japan and I utilized my broken Japanese to communicated with them. On the side note, we were treated unbelievably well by them with all-you-can-eat food.

The Austria House had just opened the night before I visited, everything was fresh and the staff were not overwhelmed yet by customers. There I met (again) a few international pin traders exchanged cards with them. By the time it was 4pm, crowds already began cramming in the House.

The Czech House was the most basic house in its location by the GMV and the relatively cheap food, but what I really enjoyed was the virtual reality presentation of the Czech history (the country is celebrating its centennial).

In a failed attempt of entering the Holland House, I realized how much of an alcoholic culture it could be by just standing outside. The Canada House and the USA House were destinations I’m looking forward to in Tokyo 2020.

Published on

About Bubble Tea Please

Roots in Taiwan, grown in Oregon, flying in D.C. All things basketball. Currently at George Washington University Sports Management program; intern at Sports Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) and Georgetown Athletics. Facebook: Louis Liu Instagram: xyzfdl Twitter: @taiwanhooper #runthroughthetape